To ALL Covenant IV attendees,
The FOURTH Covenant Festival is upon us, and it is truly a milestone. After a maniacal Covenant Festival in Montreal earlier this year (featuring Dead Congregation, The Ruins of Beverast, Malokarpatan, and many more), we all look forward to settling back in at home where it all started.
Newcomers prepare for a twisted time and repeat attendees we salute you! This year we have focussed specifically on making each night as brutally savage as possible. Fulfilling our dream of booking BLASPHEMY and INCANTATION in the same year and adding new allies in PROFANATICA is something beyond our expectation. This year came with unexpected surprises: WITCHES HAMMER triumphantly returns to the stage after almost 3 decades of hiatus. HACAVITZ heads northward from Mexico CIty to make their Canadian debut. ANTICHRIST plays alongside Blasphemy for the first time since the old school days. And a host of cult bands like SORGUINAZIA, WITCHVOMIT, and GOATHAMMER conspire to ruin lives.
Prepare for an onslaught of black and death metal like we have never seen before. But, before we all take part in utter devilry and death worship, let’s discuss some logistics ….
This email will provide you with:
- venue information and location
- all information you need to obtain your wristbands
- daily schedules and set times for all events
- extras tips for those arriving to the Vancouver area from out of town
You can also keep track on the Facebook event pages:
Covenant IV: https://www.facebook.com/events/254706815051893/
Covenant Denouement w/ Sangre de Muerdago: https://www.facebook.com/events/327882247733632/
Rickshaw Theatre - Thursday June 21 - Saturday June 23 -
Located at 254 East Hastings St. at the intersection of Main and Hastings. The area may appear “sketchy” at first, but rest assured that you are safe. A little chaos never hurt anyone, right?
The Covenant Denouement (Sangre de Muerdago, Night Profound, Latona Odola) will happen on Tuesday June 26 at The Wise Hall at 1882 Adanac St. For those still in town and wanting an official “come down”, this is the place to exorcise the demons raised during the previous weekend.
For those holding 3 day passes, please arrive as early as possible to the Rickshaw Theatre on Thursday to collect your wristband. You will need to bring your ID for the will call. (Ideally if you could bring a printed receipt of some kind that displays your name that would be great, but not necessary). Or it can be obtained at the Rickshaw Theatre if you miss Thursday. The wristband will give you access to all 3 festival shows, reduced rate to the various afterparties, and reduced rate to the Denouement.
All single day online ticket holders should do the same thing on your chosen day of, as a will call list will be at the door.
Those hoping to buy single day tickets at the door are advised to show up as early as possible. This is by far our most over-the-top lineup ever and we're expecting the nights to sell out. Don’t fuck it up!
Thursday June 21 @ Rickshaw
- Doors at 7:00
- 8:00 - Vomiit
- 8:30 - Human Agony
- 9:15 - Graveolence
- 10:00 - Auroch
- 11:00 - PROFANATICA
Friday June 22 @ Rickshaw Theatre
- Doors at 6:00
- 7:00 - Sorguinazia
- 7:45 - Ahna
- 8:30 - Hellfire Deathcult
- 9:15 - Witchvomit
- 10:00 - Witches Hammer
- 11:15 - INCANTATION
Saturday June 23 @ Rickshaw Theatre
- Doors at 6:00
- 6:45 - Goathammer
- 7:30 - Gloam
- 8:15 - Weregoat
- 9:00 - Antichrist
- 10:00 - Hacavitz
- 11:15 - BLASPHEMY
All three festival days will feature our vendor market to supply cult items, records, merch, books, bones, jewelry, and more. New and return vendors from last year.
- Salamander Salt Curio - Making a 4th festival appearance in a row, this INCREDIBLE collection of skulls, bones, jewelry, occult books, and oddities will provide whatever cult desires you harbour!
- Kaos Kult - For decades, this infamous local force of darkness has provided jewelry, clothing, and strange wares for the ravenous hordes.
- CAVITY Curiosity Shop - The strangest store in Canada. Obscure books, records, magazines, games, oddities, and other bizarre paraphernalia.
- Star of Azazel - In a rare twist of fate, we are honoured to host a representative from this unique esoteric order. With books for sale from among their ranks and beyond!
Recommended things to check out in the area when nursing a hangover or praying death of God between possessed evenings.
- Audiopile (2016 Commercial Dr) – mostly vinyl, good metal selection, all genres, rarities
- Neptoon Records (3561 Main St) – All vinyl, new and used, all genres
- Red Cat Records (4332 Main St) – CDs and vinyl, new and used, all genres
- Red Cat Records (2447 E. Hastings) - 2nd location
Breweries – all local, all in-house beers
- Strathcona Beer Company (895 E Hastings St)
- Postmark Brewery (55 Dunlevy Ave)
- Brassneck (2148 Main St)
- 33 Acres Brewing Company (15 West 8th Ave)
- Strange Fellows (1345 Clark Dr)
Bars and Restaurants
- Jackalope’s (2257 E. Hastings) - metal/rock pub with amazing menu.
- The Narrow Lounge (1898 Main St) – local “hidden” speakeasy
- St. Augustine’s (2360 Commercial Dr) – killer food, unbelievable beer selection
- Uncle Abe’s (3032 Main St)- chilled out, decent drinking, good rock n roll playlists.
- The Whip (209 East 6th Ave) – good breakfast, decent beer selection
- Slickity Jim’s (3475 Main St) – best breakfast place in town
- Stanley Park (seawall, beaches, nature)
- Capilano Suspension Bridge (nature, local history)
- Grouse Mountain (hiking, wildlife, amazing view)
Prepare yourselves for another weekend of madness, revelry, and ascension! Your support has made this massive undertaking possible by showing your faith in our vision merely by buying tickets. This is the triumph of action over word, and the actualization of a word that is all too often flung around without any meaning in the underground: support. Our festival is 100% DIY: no grants, no funding, no investors - so when we say that your support is single handed in keeping this particular music alive in this city... we mean it.
As always: Our work is for nothing else than the proliferation of Death’s music.
Covenant Curation Team